
Well tomorrow morning I am going to drop Jacinda off at school and will spend my first weekend away from her. I have mixed feelings about this myself, but I am pretty sure we are both ready for this. And I know I could use the time at the Ladies Bible Study Weekend to get myself re-centered. It's something I look forward to each fall and I remember last year praying for my yet unknown daughter. What a difference a year makes!
Jacinda has spent a night or two at my mom's, but this time Grammy is coming with me and she will be staying with my cousin Monica. I've been preparing Jacinda for this for a few weeks and she bounces back and forth between telling me she is going with me to being really excited about spending time with Monica.
We packed her clothes for the weekend last night and tonight will pack an activity bag. Jacinda has given me detailed instructions that I call her when she wakes up and before she goes to bed and two times in between. (Hopefully my cell phone service will work in the mountains.)
I remember when I was getting ready to travel to Ethiopia how worried I was about if she would like me. I even worried she would be sad that I was her mom, preferring my BFF and travel bud, Aimee because Aimee knew so much more Amharic. But Aimee gave me some sage advice that calmed me down.
Four months in, I am glad to say my fears were totally unfounded. I am pretty certain I am Jacinda's favorite person and I know she is mine. She often tells her teachers how much she loves me and talks about me a lot at school. I love that. Of course I talk about her as well.
So this weekend I will miss her smile, laughter and chattiness. I will miss the way she asks me if I am happy. I will miss her sweet hugs and her playful kisses, her bedtime prayers and the way she groggily smiles every morning when I wake her up.
But as I have often heard...absence makes the heart grow fonder...of course I can't imagine loving her more than I already do!
Jacinda has spent a night or two at my mom's, but this time Grammy is coming with me and she will be staying with my cousin Monica. I've been preparing Jacinda for this for a few weeks and she bounces back and forth between telling me she is going with me to being really excited about spending time with Monica.
We packed her clothes for the weekend last night and tonight will pack an activity bag. Jacinda has given me detailed instructions that I call her when she wakes up and before she goes to bed and two times in between. (Hopefully my cell phone service will work in the mountains.)
I remember when I was getting ready to travel to Ethiopia how worried I was about if she would like me. I even worried she would be sad that I was her mom, preferring my BFF and travel bud, Aimee because Aimee knew so much more Amharic. But Aimee gave me some sage advice that calmed me down.
Four months in, I am glad to say my fears were totally unfounded. I am pretty certain I am Jacinda's favorite person and I know she is mine. She often tells her teachers how much she loves me and talks about me a lot at school. I love that. Of course I talk about her as well.
So this weekend I will miss her smile, laughter and chattiness. I will miss the way she asks me if I am happy. I will miss her sweet hugs and her playful kisses, her bedtime prayers and the way she groggily smiles every morning when I wake her up.
But as I have often heard...absence makes the heart grow fonder...of course I can't imagine loving her more than I already do!
5 comments:
i don't think jacinda could have dreamed of a better, more loving mom. enjoy your time away. she will survive. as a single mom, you do have to get away every once in a while to re-focus and re-energize. it makes you a much better mom, too. ily oodles and schmoodles and pray that you both find the weekend to have been a blessing. katho
Your right you need to have a little time to yourself with other women to fellowship, it will renew your spirit and mind. You aren't by chance going to the women's retreat in Ripley, WV are you? Deanne
I am really looking forward to this weekend with Jacinda. While I know she will miss her Mommy, I feel sure that she and I will have a great time. You have a precious little girl and I promise to take good care of her.
Don and I are taking are first weekend away in over 2 years since Maria came home. She and big sis, Caroline, are staying together with dear friends so I think she'll be fine but i guarantee are parting will be full of tears, hugs, and kisses!
Such a pretty picture of Jacinda!!!
Post a Comment