Thursday, March 18, 2010

End of an Era

What I neglected to mention in my last post was that on my way to meet Aimee for our weekend getaway, my beloved Great Pumpkin (aka my 2002 Ford Focus) decided she had been pushed to the limit and started sputtering just miles away from our meeting place. I had just had her in the shop a few hours before to get new headlights to the tune of $323 (they were very special headlights, you see).
After some diagnostic tests, I got the bad news...her transmission was shot. Due to her age and the fact that I rely so heavily on my car and didn't want her to become a money pit...I cut my losses and let her go. It was a sad goodbye, but she had a life well lived and will probably be seen cruising down the road by someone else in the next month or so.
Which meant car shopping...not my favorite activity. However I found a gem of a car that on my second day driving her, I am thoroughly enjoying!
Introducing...SWEET PEA! (Thanks Aimee for the great nickname!)




No comments: