
Dear Jacinda,
Two years ago today, someone in the court system in Ethiopia signed a paper that allowed me to become your mom.
It was a Tuesday morning...I woke up, checked my e-mail to see if there was news...there wasn't. I wondered how I could even go through the motions of my day waiting to hear whether or not "we passed." I remember going to turn on the news and check the traffic situation in my little apartment and going back in my room. As a fluke, I decided to check my e-mail...again.
And there it was..."Your case was approved today. Congratulations!"
Six words...but they were the most glorious six words I ever read!
I remember calling Grammy and Aimee and sharing the news with them. I posted on facebook, sent out a dozen or so e-mails. And then I sat on my bed and cried tears of joy. I whispered a prayer of thanks and then I didn't know what to do. I was so excited.
I hope that when I talk about how special this day is that you can feel my excitement. I told everyone I felt like Jello inside and I did.
So many moments have passed since that first one. There have been many moments that being your mom has made me feel like Jello inside. I am so humbled that God chose me to pick up where your first mommy left and let me be your second mommy.
You are an amazing girl who is smart, caring, loving and beautiful. I love to watch you sleep, listen to you giggle and tickle you until you are laughing with everything in you. I love to watch you run, dance and play soccer. I love to hear you quote scriptures, read your Bible and say your prayers.
I love the way you greet me at the door each night and blow me a kiss before I drive away when I drop you off at school. I love the way we make each other laugh, how we pick on each other constantly and how much we love each other. I love the way I can read your expressions and you can read mine. You are beyond what I imagined a daughter would be.
You are my everything, Jacinda Hope Bizunesh and I LOVE YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment