Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mission Possible!!

Two Fridays ago, Ethiopia felt like it was galaxies away. There was so much to do and so many things that felt like they were just out of reach. I was almost paralyzed with the have-tos that I couldn't even begin to think about the should-dos.
But I am excited and a little proud to say that almost all of my paperwork is done! So far I have completed the following:
  1. Adoption Agency Application
  2. Home Study Agency Application
  3. Information Release
  4. Immigration paperwork and fingerprinting
  5. Signed Home Study Agreement
  6. FBI Fingerprinting
  7. Maryland State Police Fingerprinting for Gold Seal Letter - Adoption
  8. Child Abuse & Neglect Registry Clearance
  9. Medical report for Home Study
  10. Income Tax Returns
  11. Financial Statement
  12. Copy of birth certificate
  13. An environmental inspection
  14. Autobiography
  15. Employment Verification
  16. Four reference letters
  17. Family Profile
  18. Maryland Driving Record
  19. Guardianship Plan
  20. Child Support Enforcement Clearance
  21. 10-hours of pre-adoption training
  22. Adoption Agency Employer Reference
  23. Adoption Agency Medical Health Verification
  24. Written statement of agreement with post-placement requirements
Which leaves the following:
  1. Home Visit - which is on Thursday
  2. Fire Safety Inspection (Hope the fireman calls me soon!)
  3. Statement of why an Ethiopian Child is preferred
  4. Home study agency's commitment for post-placement requirements (should get on Thursday)
  5. Banker's Statement (getting on Thursday - thanks MOM!)

Five more things and all I will have to do is wait, oh and...dream about my daughter, finish her room, register her for the right daycare class and about a million other fun things that I have waited my whole entire adult life to do!

My point is that just when I thought I would never be done, it turns out this is all actually, really, truly, going to HAPPEN!!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love the blog and the design. I will check it often as I am sure you will be too busy to email much. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your little one. Here's to a speedy process bringing together two people who belong together. You will be a great MOM!

Aimee said...

Gobez, Amaye!