Saturday, July 19, 2008

Tough Week

This has been a very tough week all around. Don't want to bellyache, but I wanted to get some things off of my chest.
Still no word on a referral, but I am hoping to hear something soon. I know when that happens it will send my spirits soaring.
This week was my church's VBS. I directed it and to say it has been a challenge would be one of the top 10 understatements of the year! First there was the trustee who told me in front of the adult Sunday School class that by the looks of the place I was bankrupting the church. (Which resulted in me excusing myself and heading to the church office where I could cry in peace.) Then on Tuesday night there was the parent who lost it with one of the leaders because she overheard the leader say her son is a handful. (As his children's minister, I can tell you he is.) But as I sat there and these two each told their side of the story, I prayed for wisdom as I listened. I thought they understood this was about reaching these kids and ministering to them and that we had worked out a good understanding and moved on, but the leader's husband is upset that I did not come to the defense of her more strongly and the mother didn't bring her kid back to VBS this week. The whole situation has broken my heart a little.
Work has been completely overwhelming. And then to beat all, the pastor's wife expressed her concern to everyone who would listen tonight that the church would not be cleaned up in time for Sunday services after our program, picnic and waterfight tomorrow. I know it didn't help matters that I covered the entire Youth room floor with confetti, but it really looked cool when we turned the black light on and told the story of Jesus walking on the water.
I am not the only one having it rough. Two of my dearest friends are having to face serious health issues for their parents and it breaks my heart for them.
So for the next little bit I will just keep praying, keep focused and keep on hoping for that referral!

7 comments:

My name is Stacie... said...

Girl, if you're facing this much opposition then you've got Satan scared and you're doing everything right. I never understand why the very people who should support our ministry are the one's who tear it down. Wouldn't they be appalled to know how they were a tool in Satan's arsenal? You just keep it up!

Kim said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers. I pray for good news soon. Love ya!!

Aimee said...

It seems to me that churches survive based on new (especially young) members. Your creativity and focus (not to mention thriftiness)on the kids has brought in how many? Even if they haven't "signed up" I am confident in saying that they have a positive view of religion bc of you. Besides who cleans up? You? That's my guess.

Oh-and, dudes, come on with the referral already.

I say blah on those downers. It's the kids who matter.

Amaye-Dedra said...

Just remember as you go through that it is only a test!!! I am praying for that referral to come on through.

Tia said...

I know that referral is right around the corner. Just when you think you can't take it anymore....Praying for good news SOON!

Anonymous said...

They need to appreciate the hard work you do at the church. But I do know how much you love decorating for events. Don't let them get you down.
That referral better come soon.
Love ya.

Deanne said...

This is my biggest problem with organized religion. Too often member's lose focus on what is important and for the reason everyone come's together in the first place. Gently remind the other's that on Sunday people come to worship the Lord and if a little mess bother's them, they aren't attending for the right reason's. You could hold service's outside for that matter. Just keep focusing on your purpose in life and within the church. Don't let other's change your heart and you will be OK. I know your referral will be coming soon!! Hang in there. Hope to meet up with you soon.