In the last few weeks I have been experiencing some C-R-A-Z-Y dreams.
Last night was just the latest in the round when I dreamt I arrived in Ethiopia only to discover while riding in what can only be described as a hay wagon that I had lost my purse and with it was my passport, money and needed documentation. Along the way several people appeared and disappeared offering sage advice...an old roommate that I haven't seen or talked to in nearly 10 years, the Sunday School superintendent at my church, Tia, Dedra, an ex-boyfriend and a Jamaican crooner who sang to me so I would forget my troubles. My BFF Aimee was with me, but when I discovered my predicament, she crawled into a "man hole" in a field and was never seen again.
And before you ask...no I did not eat some crazy food before retiring for the evening. Like I said this is just the latest in a series.
A few weeks ago I dreamt I was on a road trip with the ladies from church and my other BFF Angie when we stopped at a convenience mart. In the parking lot was Aimee, Brynly and all of the other members of Team Ethiopia. They were all posing for a group photo and I went over to them. During the conversation I realized the members of my original group had left me and I went hunting for them. I entered a building only to find in one room a family posing for those Old Time Photographs that you find in vacation spots across the country and in the other room there was a town council meeting going on that resembled a Salem Witch trial.
NOTE: If you want to bail out now, that's fine because these dreams get stranger.
I then ended up in a room with a red-headed woman I had never seen before. She was explaining to me how she was going to become a priest and had adopted a child. She then went over to her closet, moved a row of clothes aside and there was a little girl's room. I was very upset that this little girl was being hidden, but before I could say anything she told me "THEY" were ready for me upstairs. In my dream, I apparently knew who they were. So I started up this spiral staircase that went on and on for a very long time. At the top there was rows and rows of white doors, but the walkway was very narrow and while I could see Aimee, Tia and Dedra ahead of me, they would open a door and disappear. It felt as if there was a man chasing me at this point, although I never saw him. I woke up soon after this and just felt creeped out.
Then there was the dream where I went to Atlanta to meet up with Aimee and the group we were going to take a trip to Ethiopia. However when I got on the plane to travel from DC to Atlanta I realized I had forgotten to get a passport. I told Aimee and she was OK with it. However someone on the plane told me that if I went ahead and ordered the passport from a web site, it would be sufficient and I could go. So when we landed at the Atlanta Airport, I found an open office door, let myself in and came face to face with an old Apple computer from the 80s. I tried to access the Internet, but in the middle of the process the office's rightful inhabitant showed up. He was a French professor who didn't speak English, so I tried as best I could to communicate that I needed a passport by using what French I still remembered from my college days. And yes, you guessed it...he opened up a file drawer and handed me a passport. And then I woke up.
Not all dreams have to do with Ethiopia or adoption though. I think I had a dream about heaven. In it I was floating along these amazing pathways that was filled with the most gorgeous vegetation I had ever seen. I mean the colors were so vibrant, the blooms were fragrant and when I reached out and ate a strawberry taken straight from the vine, it was amazing. The only other specific plants featured in the dream were cherry tomatoes and pink roses. And that was the gist of the dream.
So if dreams are a glimpse into our minds...I am beginning to think, I may be losing mine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey, where is that man hole? Imay ened that.
Okay I can't type. That last line should read, "I may need that."
Ok. My friends call me a dream analyst, so let me have a go of it. Ok..you are not sure you are prepared for your child. Your loss of passport, money etc. mat represent you not being sure you have what you need (totally normal-every parent fears that). You count on Aimee for support (OK maybe I got that from the Aimee post) but may wonder what you would do without her on this journey. In dream 2 you want to be with your non-ET adopting friends, and you also want to be a part of TEAM ET. As you continue the process to merge with Team ET, you feel anxious and seek your old friends (life). Will they be there or is your "old time" life gone?? Is someone from your agency red headed or fiery? because you feel this person is keeping you from your little girl. You are chasing Team Ethiopia, but can't get there. A man is keeping you away? The plane ride may be literal and you feel you may not be prepared for your trip, or again it could mean you feel like you are not prepared for your child. I think the passport is your daughter and French is Ahmaric and once you convince this person speaking Ahmaric that you need your child, you will get her. That, my dear, is a dream that will come true! Can't wait!
Wow, Tia your pretty good at this. LOL! And here the dream dictionary my co-workers used today said that it was all about how my dreams are soon realized. I loved the French = Amharic and the passport=my daughter. Although Aimee seems to think the passport represents my passport since I haven't got it yet. LOL! And nope, no one with my agency is red-headed or firey, however the president of my company is both and she hasn't come through with the adoption benefit package yet, so there may be some truth to that one!
Post a Comment