Monday, March 9, 2009

Dear Jaci B

One year ago today, darling girl, I began my journey to you.
I never could have imagined how hard the process would be. But I don't want you to ever think for a single minute that it hasn't been worth every frustration and every tear that I have cried to get to you.
A year ago you were this tiny dream that sprouted in my heart. I remember nervously waiting for that first appointment with the social worker as I tried to remind myself that he put his pants on the same way as I did. Or how nervous I was when I didn't get a tracking number to watch my dossier arrive in Ethiopia like most people do...(it arrived safely though!). Or how Aimee and I sat out on the balcony at the beach trying to get a good enough internet signal to see if perhaps a referral had arrived via e-mail. I didn't know then that I would have to wait five more months to see your sweet face.
And each day as I look at you smiling proudly in the shirt I sent to you, my heart leaps and longs for the someday that has eluded us. Our court failure two weeks ago took the wind from my sails for a few days. But the dream of my heart hasn't dimmed and soon...very soon...darling girl this dream will take wings and I will fly to you and we will finally be together. However long it takes...I will wait for you, because I am your amaye.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

If anything or anyone is worth such a wait, it is this child.

Anonymous said...

Thats a girl! You keep that attitude up! And she will be here before you know it. God Bless!