I try to be a woman of my word and one of those reasons is because there is nothing that can cut me so deeply as a broken promise or a lie from someone I have placed my trust in. I don't expect people to be perfect, but I do expect them to be honest. Is that unrealistic? Yes in today's world it often is, but I am not going to lower my expectations because I don't have to. Does that mean I will experience hurts and heartaches...absolutely. But I also know that there is One that I can have complete confidence in that He will never break His word and that is the Lord.
Sunday night as I sat in church, my heart ached over last week's court disappointment. There were a couple times during praise and worship when I thought about walking out. I was broken and so many well-meaning fellow Christians just kept saying things like "Give it to God and trust Him." "His timing is always right." "If it is God's will it will happen." I knew all of that, but I found no comfort in these words, because they were coming from other people. Nothing reached to the depths of my dispair and disappointment, but the Lord had something for me. The sermon that night was about standing on the promises of God. Every word the pastor spoke I felt was directed at me. (Come on, you've been there and know what I mean.)
It wasn't comfortable because the Lord was telling me that while He understood me and how shattered I felt inside...it was time to give it to Him. It was time to dry up the tears and enter fully back into my life. And then during prayer time, my pastor's wife asked if they could pray for me, and I nodded yes. As my church family circled around me, laid hands on me and prayed...I felt the release. Then my pastor stopped and told me that he had been praying that the Lord would give him a scripture for me and that for two days, there wasn't anything. That was until he placed his hand on my head...he said at that point the Lord revealed to him this promise for me...
Psalm 37:4 - Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Well anyone who knows me, knows what my desire is. So today the hurt has almost disappeared. And I am standing on the promise from the One that I know will NEVER fail me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Praise the Lord Lil Sis! That is wonderful! I am so very glad you have come to this point of release and comfort. God id good!
Love Ya! Your Big Bro!
Hug.
It is quite a journey, isn't it? I am so glad..God knew just the touch you needed it. May he fill your heart with love and peace as you wait.
Post a Comment