Friday, June 19, 2009

One Month Ago Today...

One month ago today I met the little girl who changed my world forever! In some respects the month has flown by and it seems like yesterday and on the other hand I can not really remember my life without her. Jacinda Hope Bizunesh is the light of my life! She has a killer sense of humor! We laugh, giggle, play and dance most of the time. She isn't perfect. I am not perfect. But we are perfect for each other. Here are some month one tidbits I wanted to capture about this little girl who has captured my heart! Jacinda loves color coordination, almost as much as I do. In fact the other day, she came prancing into my bedroom with an orange t-shirt in one hand and her other hand firmly on her hip, proclaiming..."Mommy, no orange underwear!" I had to break it to her that it was OK for her undies not to match her shirt, since no one would be seeing them. She looked at me in disbelief and finally settled on a pair to wear. My girl is borderline addicted to High School Musical 3. I have no one to blame but myself on this one. But it is hysterical to hear her singing "The Boys are Back" in her bedroom. She has also started singing "Getcha, Getcha, Getcha, Getcha Head in the Game." This child is so very loving. She constantly amazes me with her affection. In fact one of our repeated conversations goes something like this: Jacinda: "I love you." Me: "No, I love you." Jacinda: "YES, I love you!" And then we dissolve into laughter!
And her sense of humor is in a word...HYSTERICAL! She loves to pretend to be me, sleeping, talking on the phone, etc. etc. She likes to tease, pretend she doesn't understand English when it suits her and sings almost constantly (right now she is singing an original song she composed about clean underwear!
We also dance like there's no tomorrow. Of course sometimes my goofy moods leave her in a pile of giggles on the living room floor, but secretly I know she is looking forward to the Saturday High School Musical Sing and Dance Along on Saturday! (And on a personal note, motherhood has been great for my waistline...I am down almost 15 pounds since my journey to Ethiopia!)
Here are a few snapshots showing the silly life that we live!















2 comments:

Bennett said...

so cute and sweet. I love the all of them, but I really love the last photo.

Celeste

Christine said...

The bottom picture of you two is precious!