
One year ago today I had landed in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. My best friend Aimee was by my side. It was the night before I was to meet my sweet Bizunesh. I remember being weirded out about how unreal it all felt. How the fact that we had just made an almost 20 hour plane ride and Aimee had already had her first precautionary dose of Cipro...didn't feel strange in the least.
I remember breathing in the sweet smell of Ethiopia and being in awe of the graciousness of the people at the guest house. I remember carefully placing the chosen outfits for Bizunesh on a shelf, laying out her activities and double checking that I had all my paperwork in order.
I remember thinking to myself...this will be the last night of this phase of my life and I remember being so incredibly content.
1 comment:
It is kinda crazy to think back to it. For the record, I needed that Cipro bc I am almost sure a drop of water touched my lips in the shower. :)
Post a Comment