
Today is Jacinda's last day of school. People keep asking her if she is excited, but adamantly tells them no. To be honest, she didn't realize until about two weeks ago that there even was a summer vacation. What can I say? My girl loves school!
This morning as she got ready and we headed out the door. I looked behind me to see her standing in the spot where I took her first day of school picture last August. And it hit me how much she has changed during the last 170-ish days.
Jacinda has grown physically, emotionally and intellectually.
I sent her to school as a child who could barely recognize 15 sight words...she is now reading almost anything she can get her hands on.
I sent her to school as a child who could barely count to 100...she now counts by 2's, 5's 10s. etc. and can do it forward and backwards.
I sent her to school as a quiet, shy girl, who had never stepped foot into a school...she now emanates confidence and poise.
I sent her to school four years behind her peers ...and tonight she will come home less than one year behind in all subjects.
Jacinda has had so many successes this year...ones we couldn't have achieved without her awesome teaching team! She took thank you cards and little gifts to all of them today.
Now we enter a new season and I can't wait to celebrate our summer together!
This morning as she got ready and we headed out the door. I looked behind me to see her standing in the spot where I took her first day of school picture last August. And it hit me how much she has changed during the last 170-ish days.
Jacinda has grown physically, emotionally and intellectually.
I sent her to school as a child who could barely recognize 15 sight words...she is now reading almost anything she can get her hands on.
I sent her to school as a child who could barely count to 100...she now counts by 2's, 5's 10s. etc. and can do it forward and backwards.
I sent her to school as a quiet, shy girl, who had never stepped foot into a school...she now emanates confidence and poise.
I sent her to school four years behind her peers ...and tonight she will come home less than one year behind in all subjects.
Jacinda has had so many successes this year...ones we couldn't have achieved without her awesome teaching team! She took thank you cards and little gifts to all of them today.
Now we enter a new season and I can't wait to celebrate our summer together!
1 comment:
Maybe I'm hormonal, but this made me all weepy. Jacinda sounds like such an amazing, bright girl. You are blessed!
Post a Comment