Monday, December 6, 2010

There are still moments that stop us in our tracks

After a year and a half with Jacinda, there are still moments that blow me away in terms of how different her life is now and how different my life is now.
There are still moments when in the middle of a workday as I sit typing away at my computer that I am brought to tears because I just miss my little girl.
There are times when I am cleaning out my inbox that I will stumble on an e-mail that was either written or received during our wait time. I will read them and then instantly be transported back to a time that wasn't so joyous.
There are times when the tween that stands in front of me almost defiant with her hand on her hip, can instantly become the little girl who wants to please me more than anything in the world.
There are times when I see her stop in her tracks when she sees a familiar face of one of her friends from the care center in Ethiopia appear on their parents' facebook page as I log in.
There are moments when I watch quietly from the doorway as I see her put on some Ethiopian music and teach her little cousin to dance to it.
There are moments when I see her sit in quiet thought reflecting on how much she has lost in her short life and how no matter how much she gains, that can never be replaced.
But there is nothing I wouldn't trade for a million more moments with this precious girl!

No comments: