Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Patience

So it is day 4 waiting to hear anything on the adoption front. I have always thought of myself as a "It is well with my soul" kind of girl. But this process has taught me otherwise. I went to dinner with some friends last week and I was talking about the process and how waiting wasn't my favorite thing to do. And then I flippantly said..."I know patience is a virture and a fruit of the spirit and all of that, but I never asked the Lord for patience, because I was always afraid He would give it to me." In response to that comment, my friend said..."Looks like He thought you needed it and is giving you the gift anyway."
Hmmm...could it be that the Lord knows better than I what I need? How silly of me to even think that I could pick and choose His gifts. Sometimes I am such a selfish child. Lucky for me I have a Heavenly Father that sees through my faults and knows my needs.

I do have a funny story about Patience. I once worked with a woman named Patience and her last name was...WAIT. (I kid you not!) And what was so hysterical about the situation was if there was ever someone who tested my patience, it was, you guessed it...Patience Wait.

So I am signing off and trying to patiently wait.

No comments: