A few months ago I started making my list for items I will need now that I am preparing for the arrival of a preschooler.
I researched safety ratings, customer satisfaction, etc. on everything from car seats to toys and through the process I have developed quite a wish list for Miss Jaci! I have found some of the coolest books on adoption, the greatest language development tools and some precious little girly things I want to give her.
But the car seat was my hardest choice. Early on in my research I fell in love with a car seat. Now keep in mind I am a single gal who knows more about shoes than seats and the reason I first fell in love with this particular seat was due to its adorable seat cover. And to my credit, I moved beyond outward appearances and turned to safety. These seats were top-notch and had a price tag to match. One day I was excitedly describing the Britax seat I had "discovered" and a snotty, yuppie mom corrected me on how to pronounce the brand. I am not sure whether that tuned me off of the seat or I just decided to select something equally as safe and a little easier on the pocketbook. But I moved on and selected a practical version and was satisfied, even though I didn't actually buy it.
Late last week I started noticing that some of my fellow bloggers with my agency were all getting those cute little Britax models and I starting thinking about THE SEAT. On Saturday night I even started stalking Ebay.
Well on Sunday I was talking with a woman from my church and she asked me if I needed a car seat. I said yes and she told me she had a perfectly good one sitting in her basement, if I wanted it, it was mine! And yes, you guessed it...it's the Britax one I have had my eye on since the very beginning!
What a blessing! It's nice to be reminded that God is in the small stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thank you God for hooking Diann up with the Britax.
Now, about the actual referral...
:)
How cool is that! It's building up.....Can't wait to celebrate!
wow.........I love kayla's car seats. I think I am the Hopster you are talking a/b that has become an ebay addict. :)
I was really afraid of the price tag too, but I could not find another brand that I adored just as much, and the ebay did kinda make the price tag a bit more tolerable.
You have to post pics of the car seat
Post a Comment