So last week was not a banner week for me. It wasn't filled with really bad news, but a whole lot of little annoyances that added up. There were days when I felt like I was living the children's book, "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day."
It started Tuesday...I was on my way to my company's headquarters for a meeting and when I went out to the car that morning to leave. I put the key into the ignition and instead of an engine starting I heard a clicking. That was it. I had lights, I had a horn, I had the radio, but the car was going no where. Turns out it was just the battery. More of an annoyance than an actual issue. Bought a new battery, had it put in and I was on my way.
On Wednesday, I heard back from the company referenced in the previous blog entry that I was NOT their choice. I had asked the Lord to open the doors that needed to be open and to close those that were not His choice for me, so that I had no doubts in my decision. I have no doubts now. The Lord is nothing, if not thorough.
And on Thursday it was the whopper, not the burger, but a really bad computer virus that left me unable to access my computer. In fact I rushed it to Austin a great tekkie at Staples and he took good care of it. Of course, the computer had to be restored to factory settings, which means basically everything would have been wiped out. Luckily the boys at Staples were more than happy to back up my disorganized desktop for a not-so-small fee.
So here it is Saturday night and I guess I am no worse for the wear. My wallet is a little lighter, but I am hoping to hear some news on the adoption front soon.
A referral would definitely change my view! And you know what they say...it's always darkest before the dawn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ooo ooh child, things are gonna get easier...
A referral would go a long way in that department
I am so sorry to hear a/b your terrible, rotten, no good day. I love that book...........
Yes things will get better, and this day will be a thing of the past once you see your seet babies face.
Post a Comment