Monday, November 17, 2008

Dear Jaci B

So after months of waiting I finally saw your sweet face for the first time Friday. The e-mail arrived at 11:12 a.m. I was sitting in a conference room surrounded by coworkers and I saw the e-mail with your name in the subject line. I immediately started to cry.
When my eyes looked into yours in the photograph, there was a flood of emotions. I am still trying to sort through them three days later.
Your grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins are all counting down the days until you come home. You are going to change the fabric of our family, actually you already have. We know little about you, but I am so excited about getting to know you.
There are so many things I want to say to you and so many things I want to show you. Most of all I am so grateful that God saw fit to place you in my life. He has entrusted you to me and I promise to do the best I can to provide the love that will strengthen your roots and the freedom to give you wings. Never forget for a single minute darling girl that you did not grow under my heart, but you are growing in it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are soooo happy for both of you. We will be counting the days now until we get to meet Jaci B.
Can you imagine the beach trip with Jaci & Blake. They can ride rides together. I am so glad we have Blake to compare Jaci's sizes!! I guess Brynly and Leah will have lots of handmedowns!! haha Take care.
Love,
Vee

Sandee said...

Congratulations.... How exciting!

ellerbee eight said...

I am so happy for you. I have been faithfully checking your blog every day for months waiting for the news... I just want to weep for you! Congratulations.

Deanne said...

Wow! Congrats, I had no idea. So happy for you. How old is she? Can't wait to see her.

Melissa said...

Diann, I was just thinking about you today and wondering if you had your referral yet. That is great news! Congratulations!

Melissa Mowry