Saturday, November 29, 2008

Give 'Em 5!

A while back, I borrowed a post from my BFF Aimee and the orphanage project she is working with. I noticed today that Aimee has an update, so yet again, I am borrowing her post and re-posting it here! I am going to help build this orphanage $5 at a time, will you?

I thought it was time to give an update on the orphanage project I wrote about a while ago. Ethio-American Family Services has been moving in high gear toward the opening of the orphange. Everything is set on the Ethiopia side in terms of paperwork. My fellow founder, Dedra will be heading over to Ethiopia in less than a month to secure the facility and oversee the hiring of staff. We do still need some dough to get this off the ground. We have started a campaign called Give 'Em 5. We are fully aware that times are tough all over but most of us have an extra $5. I know there are many days I spend that on a fast food lunch or on a magazine in the checkout lane. How about you? Take a look at what that $5 can for children who have nothing and no one.
•a pair of sandals for one child
•a month of lunches for one child
•a month of soap and sanitizer for one child
•a child’s first ever birthday present
•a week of formula for one baby
•a week of diapers for one baby
•a day’s wage for a trained child care worker
•a year’s school supplies for one child

We can make a home for these children $5 at a time. At this time of the year, when we are focused on giving thanks for all that we have, I ask you to think of the children who go to sleep each night on the streets of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. No one tucks them in or kisses them goodnight. They have no warm breakfast to look forward to...or lunch...or dinner. They are 5 or 6 or 7 years old and are completely alone in a scary world. We can change that. But we need your help to do it. Could you, would you give just $5?

If you can and will, please visit our website at http://www.ethioamericanfamily.org/or you can mail your gift to:Ethio-American Family ServicesPO Box 337Newton, GA 39870