Sunday, January 4, 2009

Encouragement

Things are not going well for me right now. There are several issues going on that I am having a hard time seeing God in. Last spring I sang at a women's conference and there was a little quote that was passed out. I couldn't have imagined how much I would need that almost a year later, but God did. In fact, he even reminded me of it last Sunday.
So this one is for me and for anyone else who may need some encouragement.

There is nothing
No Circumstance
No Trouble
No Testing
That can touch me until first all of it has gone past Christ, right through to me. If it has come this far, it has come with a GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not fully understand at the moment. But as I refuse to become panicky, as I lift up my eyes to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will case me to fret, for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is.

Now I need to put this into action. I am heading to church to lift my eyes and my voice in praise to Him.

Enough said.

5 comments:

My name is Stacie... said...

Praying for you, friend.

ellerbee eight said...

I read something the other day that I hope I remember when things are not going well for me, "My Jesus is the same as he was before." He is there with us in the good and the bad and He does not change. Praying for you.

Monica said...

Keep your chin up. The new year has lots of good things in store for you. The Lord does have a purpose for each thing that comes up in our lives. Don't sweat the stupid stuff. It too has a purpose. I love you and can't wait for Miss Jacinda to be with you in person. She really loved that bright pink princess pillow. Her smile warms every inch of my heart, and I cried while she waved at the camera. You certainly do have a Happy New Year to look forward to. Use this time to prepare youself for the role of motherhood you are about to take on. It won't be easy, however, the rewards far outway the little bumps in the road. Love ya,

Bennett said...

Hang in there girl!!!

I will pray for you

nancy said...

I KNOW how hard this can be (see my blog entries from June). It is so hard not to despair! Keep the faith!