Thursday, January 8, 2009

Weekend Warrior

That is what I plan to be this weekend. I want to get Jaci B.'s room cleaned out and start getting it ready. OK I really have started, but with the holidays, her room became the catch all place where things got shoved, so they were out of sight. I have had some difficulties in getting her room done...I thought maybe a referral would motivate me, but that came on November 14th and the room looks worse now than it did. I thought about putting off the room until the elusive court date came my way, but I think I better jump right in. There's no telling how long this will take. LOL!

Actually my plan is to get up early on Saturday. I am working on a timed schedule that will force me not to lose myself in a single task for too long. I need to pack away three book shelves of books because they no longer will hold all of my favorite pieces of literature, but brightly colored bins full of toys and such. And that's just the start of the project. Her room used to serve as my dressing room and all over storage area. I have made some progress by getting rid of 5 bags of clothes, although honestly I could part with a few more. (I know it is indulgent, but I have been a hard-working single gal for almost 20 years, shoes, clothes and purses became my vice). Of course that has changed over the past two years and now with all of the downsizing my closet is beginning to look a little more normal.

And my big reward for a job well done? It will be an evening out with the girls. And if I don't get it all completed...I need to be honest, I will go anyway!

Happy Friday to all!



Now the shoes, that is another weekend's project.

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Hey girl! Do you have a court date yet? I don't know if I told you but the five year old from Burkina didn't work out because it is a Hague country. It would have cost us 3000 dollars to re do our homestudy let alone all the other stuff for Hague countries. So we decided to go with WACAP since we are adopting HIV Positive. They have promise children and HIV is included. The entire adoption will be funded by a private donor (supposedly it is Bill Gates). Promise kids are HiV positive, older kids, blind, deaf, missing limbs, and they have to be over two years old. We are staying with Hope also though because we plan on doing an older child adoption with them. Love ya, Deanne