
Jacinda made many friends in Ethiopia during her time at Hope. But there were a few girls who really stood out, one of them was a darling girl named Mame. I first learned of Mame in February 2008 when I had first started my process and saw where a woman named Sandee had accepted her referral. It gave me hope that my wait wouldn't be long.
But Mame's process was to be a long, heart breaking journey of failed court cases, missing paperwork and a little girl who was growing up in photos as a mother longed to hold her in her arms. Even my drawn-out process moved at lightning speed compared to hers!
When I visited Ethiopia I was able to meet Mame. Sweet Mame, who made sure one of the caretakers dictated a note that I was privileged enough to bring back to her momma. Mame, who took Jacinda Bizunesh under her wing and showed her love and kindness when Jacinda was sooo scared. Mame ate Bizunesh's eggs (my girl despise's them) and made sure her hair looked nice.
Well today the journey of more than 2 years enters another phase because this little mommy-like angel has a new mommy of her own!
Congratuations Sandee (Visit her blog!) and hurry home Olivia Mame! So many people have been praying for you!
I can't wait to tell Jacinda the news!
3 comments:
Thank you!!! Indeed an awesome day!
Maria has a very special friend from her orphanage that we still keep in contact with. It's a precious bond. We've only managed to see them once in the past 2 1/2 years but are hoping for another opportunity this summer. I'm excited for your friend and you guys!
Of all the children whose faces haunt me, hers stood out. So sweet, so longing to go home too...
Many congrats to Mame and her new family.
Post a Comment