In honor and celebration of my 40th birthday...my posts this week are going to focus on 40 things, people, experiences, etc. that help(ed) make me the woman I am today. Some will be lighthearted and some will be really personal. I realize, it is a little self-indulgent, but a woman of my age and with her own blog can do that!
Here's the first of the series...

My 40 Favorite Things
(not including people or animals! And in no particular order)
1. Good Quality Candles that smell like baked goods.
2. Godiva Chocolate
3. Shimmery Lipsticks with hints of brown and gold
4. Sparkly (imitation) jewelry
5. The ocean (but not to swim, more to watch and hear)
6. Walking barefoot in dewy grass
7. Mountain Dew
8. My mama’s sweet tea
9. Pedicures
10. Rich coffee with way too much flavored creamer
11. Cookbooks
12. Shoes
13. White Roses
14. Lilacs
15. Daffodils
16. Cantaloupes
17. The smell and feel of an old book
18. Croissants
19. Family traditions
2. Godiva Chocolate
3. Shimmery Lipsticks with hints of brown and gold
4. Sparkly (imitation) jewelry
5. The ocean (but not to swim, more to watch and hear)
6. Walking barefoot in dewy grass
7. Mountain Dew
8. My mama’s sweet tea
9. Pedicures
10. Rich coffee with way too much flavored creamer
11. Cookbooks
12. Shoes
13. White Roses
14. Lilacs
15. Daffodils
16. Cantaloupes
17. The smell and feel of an old book
18. Croissants
19. Family traditions
20. Rubber Cement
21. Tiramisu
22. Driving with my windows down when it is too cold for it as long as I can have the heat cranked up
23. Green grapes
24. Scotch tape
25. Shiny black patent leather shoes
26. Perfumes with woodsy notes and undertones of orange blossoms, lilies and honeysuckle (strangely enough all my favorites have most of these scents in some combination!)
27. Bath and Body Works Wall Flowers (I think I have about 20 in my house)
28. Ridiculously soft blankets
29. Napping in my mama’s bed (and now also my daughters)
30. Gummy berries, bears, worms, etc.
31. Coupons
32. Lemon Lime Slushies (Artic Rush) from the Dairy Queen
33. Strategy games/Brain teasers/Logic Questions
34. Facebook
35. My iPad/iPhone
36. A roaring fireplace
37. Fountains – (not drinking ones)
38. Really interesting black and white photographs of nature or architectural elements
39. Sharpie Markers
21. Tiramisu
22. Driving with my windows down when it is too cold for it as long as I can have the heat cranked up
23. Green grapes
24. Scotch tape
25. Shiny black patent leather shoes
26. Perfumes with woodsy notes and undertones of orange blossoms, lilies and honeysuckle (strangely enough all my favorites have most of these scents in some combination!)
27. Bath and Body Works Wall Flowers (I think I have about 20 in my house)
28. Ridiculously soft blankets
29. Napping in my mama’s bed (and now also my daughters)
30. Gummy berries, bears, worms, etc.
31. Coupons
32. Lemon Lime Slushies (Artic Rush) from the Dairy Queen
33. Strategy games/Brain teasers/Logic Questions
34. Facebook
35. My iPad/iPhone
36. A roaring fireplace
37. Fountains – (not drinking ones)
38. Really interesting black and white photographs of nature or architectural elements
39. Sharpie Markers
40. Christmas ornaments that tell a story or capture a memory

2 comments:
Your list proves what I've known all along, behind that fashionista, drama lover, you are one of the most practical people I know and love. If your Dad only knew what he was really asking for, we really are a lot alike. Many of the items on your list would make mine also. It's been 15 years since I've seen the beach and oh how I'd love to feel the ocean breeze and walk in the sand. We share the love for cookbooks, and who could live without sharpies and scotch tape. I'd add an open fire on a cool fall evening, and my Mom's graham crackers pies. Celebrate this birthday like no other, even if you wait till August. Treat yourself. Live life to its fullest. I love you.
Lime Slushies-YUM. Lime is my favorite too. Did we know that about each other?
Wall Flowers, though...yuck.
:)
Post a Comment